Why Use Leveled Books
Our English leveled books have been carefully written in accordance with standardized Learning A-Z Text Leveling System
and quality checked with custom software.
Leveled books are available in a wide variety of fiction and nonfiction genres and strengthen connections in literacy and content-area instruction. Many books are also available in Spanish
How to Use Leveled Books
Our leveled eBooks help you provide opportunities for independent reading practice following each guided reading session or anytime a student has access to the Internet through a computer or tablet.
- Provide custom assignments to meet specific student needs.
- Self-paced assignments, made by simply filling in a studentís level, ensure students practice in developmentally appropriate books before moving up to the next reading level.
- Book Room access provides motivation to read with a wide variety of books students can choose from based on interest.
Leveled Book Formats
provide models of fluency with a natural voice and highlight words, phrases, or sentences as they are read for students to follow along. Many lower level Listen eBooks provide engaging animation and sound effects.
allow students to read silently, whisper read, or record their reading using a headset or their computerís microphone and our built-in recording tools. Students can send these practice recordings to your In Basket so you can check their fluency progress. You can download and save the recordings to your computer as mp3s, too.
provides printable versions of the books on Raz-Kids among an array of other resources to support reading instruction. To gain access to all of Reading A-Zís books on Raz-Kids, you must be a member of both websites.
Leveled Book Support Resources
Worksheets and comprehension quizzes provide support for leveled books in English that are part of a studentís self-paced assignment. Quizzes support many leveled books in Spanish.
Each worksheet set contains a graphic organizer featuring a specific comprehension skill. Students can fill in the printable graphic organizer as they read to help them organize their thinking and remember what they read. Other worksheets provide additional grade-appropriate language skill practice for assigned books.
Multiple-choice quizzes provide an assessment of comprehension after a student has listened to or read a book.
- Comprehension Quizzes are a fast, easy way to assess how well students comprehend their reading and are great resources for text-dependent questions.
- Multiple-choice questions encompass a range of cognitive rigor and depth of knowledge.
- Students receive feedback on how well they performed on a quiz and earn different amounts of stars for passing or perfect quizzes. (For a complete list of star awards, see Student Awards & Incentives) Students can correct or retake a quiz not passed.
- Skills Reports for each student provide guidance to inform your instruction about skills students missed on multiple-choice questions.
- Correlations for quizzes to the Common Core State Standards provide additional information about how well your students perform according to grade-level expectations.
provides instructional tools for a vast collection of leveled books, some of which it shares with Raz-Kids. Used together as the Learning A-Z Reading Solution, the two websites provide the ultimate combination of tools for reading instruction and practice. To gain access to all of Reading A-Zís books on Raz-Kids, you must be a member of both websites.