Want Even More Leveled Books?
As a member of Raz-Plus, you gain access to thousands of leveled books, assessments, and other resources in printable, projectable, digital, and mobile formats.
Ensure success in your classroom and beyond with engaging, developmentally appropriate leveled books at 29 reading levels to increase comprehension and fluency. Students can read texts at their level and in their areas of interest anytime with 24/7 Web access to the practice they need to become better, more confident readers. Easily assign books using the Assign button on the book's thumbnail or landing page.
Why Use Leveled Books
Our English leveled books have been carefully written in accordance with standardized Learning A-Z Text Leveling System and quality checked with custom software.
Leveled books are available in a wide variety of fiction and nonfiction genres and strengthen connections in literacy and content-area instruction. Many books are also available in Spanish.
How Books Are Leveled
Our leveled eBooks help you provide opportunities for independent reading practice following teacher-led instruction or anytime a student has access to the Internet through a computer or tablet.
- Meet specific student needs by assigning books using the Assign button on the book's thumbnail or landing page.
- Self-paced assignments, made by simply filling in a student's level in the easy-to-use Kids A-Z Roster, ensure students practice in developmentally appropriate books before moving up to the next reading level.
- Reading Room access through Kids A-Z provides motivation to read with a wide variety of books that students can choose from based on interest.
Leveled Book Formats
Listen eBooks provide models of fluency with a natural voice and highlight words, phrases, or sentences as they are read for students to follow along. Many lower level Listen eBooks provide engaging animation and sound effects.
Read eBooks allow students to read silently, whisper read, or record their reading using a headset or their computer's microphone and our built-in recording tools. Students can send these practice recordings to your Kids A-Z In Basket so you can check their fluency progress. You can download and save the recordings to your computer as mp3s, too.
By becoming a member of Raz-Plus, you gain access to printable versions of the books on Raz-Kids as well as thousands of other digital and print resources to support reading instruction.
Leveled Book Support Resources
Worksheets and comprehension quizzes provide support for leveled books in English that are part of a student's self-paced assignment. Quizzes support many leveled books in Spanish.
Each worksheet set contains a graphic organizer featuring a specific comprehension skill. Students can fill in the printable graphic organizer as they read to help them organize their thinking and remember what they read. Other worksheets provide additional grade-appropriate language skill practice for assigned books.
Multiple-choice quizzes provide an assessment of comprehension after a student has listened to or read a book.
- Comprehension Quizzes are a fast, easy way to assess how well students comprehend their reading and are great resources for text-dependent questions.
- Multiple-choice questions encompass a range of cognitive rigor and depth of knowledge.
- Students receive feedback on how well they performed on a quiz and earn different amounts of stars for passing or perfect quizzes. (For a complete list of star awards, see Student Awards & Incentives) Students can correct or retake a quiz not passed.
- Kids A-Z Skill Reports provide information about skills each student missed on multiple-choice questions and help inform your future instruction.
- Correlations for quizzes to the Common Core State Standards provide additional information about how well your students perform according to grade-level expectations.
Raz-Plus provides instructional tools for thousands of leveled books and other resources, some of which it shares with Raz-Kids. Raz-Plus provides the ultimate combination of tools for reading instruction and practice.
|Ages||7 - 8|
|Fountas & Pinnell||L|
* Lexile® ranges are provided only as an additional resource. They are estimates and not certified by MetaMetrics®. Their actual relationship to Learning A-Z levels has yet to be determined.
Features and Chart
- 18 words maximum per sentence; 9.5 words average
- 500–760 words total
- Full pages of text
- Text can wrap illustrations
- More complex sentences
- More specialized vocabulary
- Illustrations used to extend meaning
- Table of contents, captions, index, and glossary in nonfiction books
- Simple tables, charts, and graphs
- Can have breaks in dialogue
- 16 pages