Spanish Translated Leveled Books
This Spanish book collection includes 28 levels of text that progressively increase in difficulty from level aa to Z1 to help students improve their Spanish literacy skills. Dual language or bilingual learners can read Spanish texts at their level and in their areas of interest anytime with 24/7 Web access to get the practice they need to become better, more confident readers.
Why Use Spanish Translated Leveled Books
Our Spanish Translated Leveled Books are an essential support for students in dual language, bilingual, and immersion programs. The carefully leveled books help emerging bilinguals develop their comprehension and fluency as they become better, more confident Spanish readers.
The range of fiction and nonfiction text types ensure that students can find topics that appeal to them while also connecting literacy and content-area instruction.
How to Use Spanish Translated Leveled Books
There can be a broad range of reading ability within any group of emerging bilinguals. Our leveled eBooks help you to provide opportunities for independent reading practice following each guided reading session or anytime a student has access to the Internet through a computer or tablet.
- Meet specific student needs by assigning books using the Assign button on the book’s thumbnail or landing page.
- Customize the Reading Room by indicating a student’s level to ensure student practice in developmentally appropriate books.
- Reading Room access through Kids A-Z provides motivation to read a wide variety of books that students can choose from based on their interests.
Leveled Book Formats
Listen eBooks provide models of fluency with a natural voice and highlight words, phrases, or sentences as they are read for students to follow along. Many lower level Listen eBooks provide engaging animation and sound effects.
Read eBooks allow students to read silently, whisper read, or record their reading using a headset or their computer's microphone and our built-in recording tools. Students can send these practice recordings to your Kids A-Z In Basket so you can check their fluency progress. You can download and save the recordings to your computer as MP3 audio files.
By becoming a member of Raz-Plus, you gain access to printable versions of the books on Raz-Kids as well as thousands of other digital and print resources to support reading instruction.
Spanish Translated Leveled Book Support Resources
Worksheets and comprehension quizzes provide support for leveled books in Spanish.
Spanish Translated Leveled Books work well paired with the corresponding English book for promoting literacy development in both languages.
Each worksheet set contains a graphic organizer featuring a specific comprehension skills. Students can fill in the printable graphic organizer as they read to help them organize their thinking and remember what they read. Other Spanish literacy skills are supported by additional worksheets.
Multiple-choice quizzes provide an assessment of comprehension after a student has listened to or read a book.
- Comprehension Quizzes are a fast, easy way to assess how well students comprehend their reading and are great resources for text-dependent questions.
- Multiple-choice questions cover a range of cognitive rigor and depth of knowledge.
- Students receive feedback on how well they performed on an eQuiz and earn different numbers of stars for passing scores or perfect scores. (For a complete list of star awards, see Student Awards & Incentives) Students can correct or retake a quiz not passed.
- Kids A-Z Skill Reports provide teachers with information about skills each student missed on multiple-choice questions and help inform future instruction.
- Quiz correlations to the Common Core State Standards provide additional information about how well students perform according to grade-level expectations.
Raz-Plus provides instructional tools for thousands of leveled books and other resources, some of which it shares with Raz-Kids. Raz-Plus provides the ultimate combination of tools for reading instruction and practice.
Spanish Translated Books and Leveling
Raz-Kids English leveled books have been carefully written using stringent guidelines and the proprietary, best-in-class Learning A-Z Text Leveling System to ensure accuracy and consistency.
Spanish translators closely review the English Leveling Criteria as part of the translations process, but some books might seem easier or more difficult in Spanish than their English level specifies.
Teachers can use the English levels on the Spanish books as a reference point, but should use their professional knowledge when determining which Spanish Translated Leveled Books are the best fit for individual students.
|Ages||8 - 9|
|Fountas & Pinnell||O|
* Lexile® ranges are provided only as an additional resource. They are estimates and not certified by MetaMetrics®. Their actual relationship to Learning A-Z levels has yet to be determined.
Features and Chart
- 13.5 words average per sentence
- 1,000–1,800 words total
- Full pages of text
- Text can wrap illustrations
- More complex sentences
- More specialized vocabulary
- Illustrations used to extend meaning
- Table of contents, captions, index, and glossary in nonfiction books
- Intermediate tables, charts, and graphs
- Can have breaks in dialogue
- Nonfiction topics aligned to state and national standards
- 16–20 pages