Get Students Started
The Roster page makes it easy to create student accounts, send messages, and manage activity for all your Learning A-Z subscriptions. Use the Roster page to customize passwords, incentives, groups, and more for students.
Add Students to Your Roster
Create a roster when you first log in to benefit from product features and ensure students get the most from their personalized learning environment.
- Student passwords may be assigned using an icon or text.
- Groups allow you to organize students according to skill level, interest, or project.
- Incentives can be turned on or off. Students use them to customize their Raz Rocket or Avatar Builder.
Determine Student Reading Level
Select one of three options to help students begin reading: Assign Reading Placement Tool, Choose a Reading Level, or Enter a Fountas and Pinnell or Lexile Level. Students will progress to higher levels as they read books and pass quizzes.
Assign Reading Placement Tool
- For newly rostered students, the tool is automatically deployed the first time a student logs into their account.
- This adaptive reading activity will take about 20 minutes for a student to complete.
- Students will be placed at one of nine reading level entry points.
- Preview the Reading Placement Tool.
- The tool can be bypassed by selecting a reading level instead.
|Entry Point Level||Grade Equivalent||Lexile Range|
Choose a Reading Level
Select a reading level start point for a student. Learn more about Assessing a Student’s Level.
Enter a student's *Lexile, and we'll select the correlated Learning A-Z Level. Use the Level Correlation Chart to see approximate correlations to these systems.
*Lexile® bands are certified through a partnership with MetaMetrics®.
Share Kids A-Z Login Instructions with Students and Their Caregivers
- Download the personalized Student Login Cards and share with students so they can log into the Kids A-Z student portal using their username and password, in class or at home. Get to Know the Student Portal
- Download the Letter to Parents to get parents and caregivers started using Learning A-Z products at home. The letter is offered in multiple languages and introduces Learning A-Z products available to students, explains student login instructions, and instructs parents and caregivers how they can receive progress reports via email.