Getting Students Started in 3 Steps
Step 1: Add Students to Your Roster
The Roster makes it easy to create logins, send messages, and manage student activity for all your Learning A-Z subscriptions. Use the Roster to customize passwords, reading levels, incentives, groups, and more for your students.
Create a Roster when you first log in to benefit from product features and ensure students get the most from their personalized learning environment.
- Student passwords may be assigned using an icon or text.
- Groups allow you to organize students according to skill level, interest, or project.
- Incentives can be turned on or off students use to customize their Raz Rocket or Avatar Builder.
Step 2: Student Reading Level Placement
- If you already know a studentís reading level, select it when adding them to your Roster.
- If you donít know a studentís reading level, select the
Reading Placement Tool.
- The Reading Placement Tool identifies the appropriate starting point for students using Raz-Plus or Raz-Kids through a series of adaptive reading activities. Once theyíve completed the activities, students will be leveled at one of nine entry points.
- The Reading Placement Tool places students at their independent reading level for Raz-Plus practice. Learn more about levels or how to determine a studentís instructional reading level at Assessing a Studentís Level.
|Entry Point Level||Grade Equivalent||Lexile Range|
Step 3: Communication Kids A-Z Login Instructions to Students and Parents
Learn more about the Kids A-Z Student Portal at Get to Know the Student Portal.
- Download the personalized Student Login Cards and distribute to students so they can log into the Kids A-Z Student Portal using their username and password, in class or at home.
- Download the Letter to Parents to get parents and guardians started using Learning A-Z products at home. The letter is offered in multiple languages and introduces Learning A-Z product(s) available to students, explains student login instructions, and instructs parents and guardians how they can receive progress reports via email in a variety of languages.